External access to my FB

Hier können sich alle gegenseitig bei Fragen mit eigenen Endgeräten helfen. Eine Unterstützung durch das Supportteam gibt es hier nicht.

Moderatoren: Florian S., Yusuf, Sven

pepito
Junior - Member
Junior - Member

External access to my FB

Beitragvon pepito » 05.09.2017, 09:21

Hallo!

Pardon my English, my German is sadly not good enough to be properly understood.

I would like to access my FritzBox from the outside, but it's not working. The link that was provided to me (i.e. https://abc(...)xyz.myfritz.net:12345) throws an error in my browsers. I tested from Chrome and Safari, from 3 different networks, but I always get the same message:

mnet.JPG
mnet.JPG (35.23 KiB) 729 mal betrachtet

Since the FB provided by M-Net is sadly only available in German (no comment...), perhaps I missed something in the configuration? Would anyone have any idea?

Thanks for your help!

Pepito

DarkSider
Aufsteiger
Aufsteiger

Re: External access to my FB

Beitragvon DarkSider » 05.09.2017, 10:20

Hi,

Your M-Net plan most probably only comes with Dual-Stack Lite. That means that you get a native IPv6 subnet and a shared (provider grad NAT) IPv4 address. Since the IPv4 address is shared IPv4-based remote access services won't work. You can order a native IPv4 address for a small monthly fee.

You could also try to use 3rd party dynamic host name services like no-ip.com and set them up in the fritz box settings within the internet connection properties. IIRC the menu is Internet -> Freigabe -> Dynamischer DNS or sth. like that.

NO-IP also supports IPv6. If your connection at the remote place also supports IPv6 you can try that.

regards,

Fabian

whitman
Aufsteiger
Aufsteiger

Beitragvon whitman » 05.09.2017, 12:02

myfritz.net supports IPv4 and IPv6. I don't think that another dyn DNS service will be solve the problem.
Like Darksider I think its a problem with DS-lite, so you must use IPv6. Your screen shoot show, that the name could not resolve, which happens, when only IPv4 can be used.

Can you resolve your domain via command line (nslookup) or online? Is the answer only IPv6?

pepito
Junior - Member
Junior - Member

Beitragvon pepito » 23.10.2017, 14:59

Thanks for your answers, and sorry for the late reply! I understand the issue now.

Yes, the nslookup on the domain shows the IPv6.

It also looks like I can't open any IPv6 address from my browser (even http://[::1] ), at home and at work, as well as on my phone...

When I moved to M-Net, I expected I'd be able to access my NAS from the outside, but it doesn't seem possible. Unless you buy an IPv4 option, but 5€ per month... That's quite expansive!

Zurück zu „Kunden helfen Kunden (eigene Endgeräte)“